Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Penny Experiment Update!

Those of you who've been around for a while have heard me talking about The Penny Experiment.  If you're new though, you'll want to read about it here.  Basically, there are people all over the country who are working together to buy ONE MILLION DOLLARS worth of food for food banks - all from one little PENNY!  To date, almost $14,000 of food has been purchased for food banks!  

I had a chance to grab some of the Smart Balance Milk that was recently on sale at Publix - and only paid 11¢ for EIGHT half gallons!  Don't worry, I had a raincheck and waited until my store was well stocked so I didn't wipe them out.  I also had a few things that I'd picked up with some overage during my regular shopping trips that were FREE!


I dropped off our donation today - FORTY POUNDS of food!


The milk was regularly priced at $3.59 but was Buy One Get One FREE.  Using a $2 OFF coupon, I got it for FREE plus a little bit of overage that covered some of the sales tax!  Without coupons, I would have paid over $30!  

So I got $28.72 worth of milk for ELEVEN CENTS!  Not including the other things I have picked up here and there for FREE!  It is an awesome feeling to have a pantry and refrigerator full of food for my family, and still be able to help those in need in our area.  

Take a look here to see how you can help out with the Penny Experiment, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment