Friday, April 2, 2010

No Couponing For Me

YOU DIDN'T COUPON?

NOPE.

GASP!  SHOCK!  HORROR!
I know, seems crazy right?  I didn't coupon at all this week!  Here I am sending you guys tons of deals, but I'm not saving any money myself?  Well, I promise I had a legitimate reason.  I coupon every week, every single week.  I am able to save my family a tremendous amount of money on groceries and health & beauty items.  I work very hard to stretch our dollars and save whenever I can.  But my pantry and my freezer were FULL!  We're talking stuff falling out when you open the freezer door (and we use two freezers) - and struggling to find room in the pantry when you're putting groceries away.  Does anyone else face this?  We have a full sized pantry, and plenty of cabinet space, and I use one of my linen closets for dry cereal, pasta, etc.  I am by NO means complaining, trust me.  It is a great feeling to be stocked - but we needed to clean out a bit!  Other than milk, there wasn't a single thing we needed.    My son needed a new bar of soap the other day, and said that the shelves in our bathroom look like the shelves at the grocery store - just go in and choose what you want!  
Don't worry, I'll be back on the bandwagon soon...
I'm going to make my shopping list and clip my coupons in the morning!  
Did you coupon this week?  Save a ton?  Find a good deal?  
Leave me a comment - I'd love to hear how ya did!

6 comments:

  1. I don't blame you one bit. I pretty much disregarded my budget this week. I got things that I needed instead of JUST buying what was on sale or the deal of the week. Granted I still grabbed a few of those deal items.


    http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/super-savings-saturday-lazy-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, me too. I did not shop except to pick up a couple of freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it....I too have had to become creative on storage. I guess thats a good problem to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time since I started couponing that I am using my stockpile. I don't need anything this week and have promised myself and my husband that I will only buy basics this whole month...Let's see if I can live up to my promise. Sometimes the deals are sooooo tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one guys! Ellen, that's great. There are many weeks that I only pick up freebies - but we really were running out of room! Everyone needs a break from super-duper couponing every once in a while anyway, or you're bound to get burnt out. I used to think I would never get tired of coupons - but to those of you who are new, I promise it's possible if you don't give yourself a breather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally understand!! I am in the same boat, overflowing!! I'm on vacation this week and needed a hair straightner, went to CVS, no coupons in hand and walked out with $2.50 CVS bucks! I looked at the cashier like she was crazy. (Ended up being my winter spending bonus). My BF said they knew you were the coupon queen lol!!

    ReplyDelete