Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last Minute Shopping - CVS

Ever have one of those weeks when your To-Do list is far longer than the hours in the day?  That's me, for sure! Between working, chasing my little girl, juggling my son's busy school schedule and baseball schedule, spring cleaning and about a million other things - I feel like I'm running around in circles lately!


This trip to CVS was done in about 10 minutes flat.  I had Extra Care Bucks getting ready to expire, so I had to hustle!  I loaded up all the kiddos and put the transactions together in my head on the way to the store - knowing that I didn't even have all of the coupons I needed.  I also knew that I had to pick up some Aveeno Diaper Rash Creme.  It doesn't matter if it's on sale or not - when your baby needs diaper rash stuff, you don't wait!  The trip didn't turn out too terribly bad.  I could have done better with coupons - but some days that To-Do list just won't let you get to everything!

I had $3 ECBs and $12.21 left on my Gift Card from my previous transaction here.  This all started with a $25 Gift Card...I'm seeing how far I can stretch it!  



1st Transaction:
Aveeno Diaper Rash Cream - $3.99 (I lucked out - on sale!)
USED $3 ECBs
Total Due:  $1.31
Remaining Balance on Gift Card - $10.90


2nd Transaction:
1 Colgate Total Toothpaste - $2.99
USED $1 OFF coupon
USED 50¢ ECB (Quarterly Rewards)
Total Due:  $1.69
Remaining Balance on Gift Card - $9.21
Got Back - $2 ECB


3rd Transaction:
1 Advil 50ct - $3.99
USED $2 ECB from previous transaction
Total Due:  $2.31
Remaining Balance on Gift Card - $6.90
Got Back - $1 ECB






What I have purchased so far...
6 Degree Sport Deodorants
2 Glade Sense & Sprays
2 Pampers Cruisers Jumbo Packs
2 Colgate Toothpaste
1 Aveeno
1 50ct Advil


RETAIL VALUE:  $59.90


What did I pay?  NOTHING!  This was all purchased using a gift card that was FREE with a prescription. I still have $6.90 left on my gift card - and $1 ECB to work with!  Wonder how far I can stretch the rest?

1 comment: