Friday, April 9, 2010

Running Away from Kmart!

Okay, my shopping trip was crazy tonight.  C-R-A-Z-Y!  I never have high hopes for Kmart Doubles Events, because honestly our Kmart stinks.  I wasn't even going to shop Doubles this time - but my friend DJ over at Groceries4Free told me about an awesome Dove Deodorant deal I simply couldn't pass up.  Buy 4 Dove Ultimate Deodorants @ $3.79 and get a $5 Off Your Next Order Catalina.  Since the $2 OFF Dove coupons here would double, I would get them for FREE, only pay tax and get a $5 Catalina.  Easy, right?  


So I purchased the 4 Dove deodorants, and 1 Skintimate Shave Gel.  All of my coupons made my purchases "free" and I paid only 75¢ tax. Sweet!


Not so much.  My Catalina didn't print, so I asked the cashier about it.  She stared at me blankly - so I moved on to Customer Service.  Let me cut my entire story short by telling you that after the Customer Service Manager and the Assistant Manager told me that


1.  I didn't spend enough money to get the Catalina because I used coupons. (Really?)
2. I didn't get the Catalina because my coupons were fraudulent (copies).  Um, no they aren't.  They have different numbers - HELLO!
3. My Rewards Card was fraudulent, I must have just "made it up myself".  (Yep, cause I'm magical like that or something...?)


Seriously folks, I was beyond frustrated at this point - but I stuck to my guns.  The Assistant Manager threw her hands up saying "Catalina's are a pain in the......" and walked off.  The Customer Service Manager finally just said "Here." while she handed me a $5 bill and told me the next time I came in she was going to "run the other way"!  Talk about customer service, right?  I'll be the one running away next time!


All in all, I made $4.25 to buy 4 Dove Deodorants and 1 Skintimate Cream Shave Gel.  It really was a great deal but SO frustrating.  I expected poor customer service but this trip was truly mind-blowing!  


On to a lighter note.  Since I have no pictures to post, I'll post this one... 
Isn't that perfect for every Carolina Girl?  It's a beautiful, handmade Lampwork Glass Pendant made by artivy - an artist from right here in the Lowcountry.  You can win it when you enter my giveaway right here!  







7 comments:

  1. WOW don't you love it when they treat your horrible. My K-mart and Targets in my area are the worst. I refuse to shop either of them at all. I am glad you stuck to your guns and got what was rightfully yours. Please stop by and say hi sometime! Have a great weekend!
    Ann
    http://www.honoringtheking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... Yeah i'm back to hating kmart. I had 2 great days of doubles and then today wasn't the best. They messed up so I went to customer service... It's like I was bothering the rude woman behind the desk... seriously if you don't like your job... quit. I can't believe you were treated soooo rudely.

    http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/super-savings-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Sorry they gave you a hard time. Mine didn't print either, but they couldn't have been nicer about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny. I read your story and I thought it sounded familiar. I just realized you had shared it earlier in the comments on my blog! I must be getting punchy. Time for bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I think I probably would have ended up flipping out on them. That was unbelievable rude. Sorry you had such a horrible trip.
    ~Amber

    http://simoneysavers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I agree...K-Mart's doubles are a pain! my daughter had a problem at one of ours in KY too! And they do not have a good selection and if its not on sale, which most is not, then their prices are too high...even with coupons!

    some of their workers are nice...others are rude! think I'll drop a note to K-Mart corporate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting the dove deo. deal! went today and got my 4 deo's for free and the catalina printed without an issue. also got a quench lotion for $3.84 after q's and will be sending in the MIR. again, thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete