Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Week's Shopping Trip to Publix

This trip was so much fun! I sat down with a good friend of mine and planned my shopping trip out then took her with me. After lots of jokes about my coupon box - she said I was obsessed - we made our way through the store.

Here was my first transaction:

1 gallon milk
1 Nestle Good Start ($22.49)
2 Hot Wheels Cars
1 Publix Bleach

TOTAL SPENT: $20.06
TOTAL SAVED: $11.66

Now, this good friend of mine doesn't have any children, so I honestly don't think she realized how expensive formula is! Her response was pretty much "Oh, okay. I guess that's good, right?" Time for the second transaction!

2 Kim & Scott Pretzels
2 4pks Smuckers Uncrustables
1 8pk Little Debbie Cupcakes
1 lb bacon
1 Hot Wheels
3 BumbleBee Tuna Pouches
1 Benevia Juice
6 Beechnut Babyfood
2 Muir Glen Tomato Paste
1 International Delight Creamer
1 Softsoap Handsoap
1 Publix Hamburger Buns
4 Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough

TOTAL SPENT: $3.64
TOTAL SAVED: $56.36

My friend nearly fell out on the floor - and said she was going to frame my receipt! I hope I was able to teach her a thing or two about couponing, and I think she learned why I am so "obsessed!" I got a huge kick out of it - even more so since this wasn't my best trip ever!

Our pantry and freezer are both packed to the max right now - we didn't really need anything but milk. We did make a quick run to BiLo to use rainchecks for dog food. I can't find the receipt, but I know we spent around $50 and saved around $40 - I'm so glad to be stocked on dog food for a while!

It was a good week - I just wish I could get my Christmas shopping knocked out like I do groceries! I am always done with shopping and wrapping by now - ahhh! Amazon, here I come!
Happy Shopping!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to help others with couponing! I'm thankful to be almost done with Christmas shopping - also courtesy of Amazon! : )

    ReplyDelete