Saturday, December 12, 2009

Diapers and a Lesson at Food Lion

We are by no means were out of diapers, but I haven't bought any in a few weeks so I knew when I saw they were on sale at Food Lion we'd have to pick some up (You know, stocking up only when they are on sale). Here's what I got and the lesson I learned:

1st Transaction:
1 pk Huggies Diapers
Total Spent: $3.93
Total Saved: $3.50

2nd Transaction:
1 pk Huggies Diapers
1 pk of Mentos candy
Total Spent: $4.63
Total Saved: $3.50

I like Mentos, really I do, especially the strawberry ones - but that was not something I had planned on buying. The cashier told me that I would not be able to complete two transactions back to back totaling the same amount. WHAT? I had to buy candy to make my second total different than the first (there were only about 50 people in line behind me, or I would have gone and at least picked up something we might need). I think that's a total crock. Yes, it was only a 69¢ pack of candy. But why must I spend more money to be able to spend money? Has anyone else had this problem at Food Lion? Oh well, lesson learned! And a pack of diapers under 5 bucks is good for me!

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy! Where do cashiers come up with their ridiculous rules??? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was pulled straight from her rear end!

    ReplyDelete