Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Fun On The Cheap - Wacky Water Bombs

Keeping the kids entertained during the summer can be a challenge, especially on a budget.  Here's a quick idea to create some fun in the back yard without breaking the bank.  I made these years ago for the Vacation Bible School class I was teaching - and the kids love them!  This year I'll be making a ton to take to the lake for all the cousins to play with.  

Wacky Water Bombs

What you'll need:

-Sponges
-Scissors
-String or Twine


Here's your sponges.  I'm using different colors so the kids can split up into "teams".  These came in 4 packs at the dollar store.  


Cut the sponges into strips long ways.  For this size sponge, I cut each one into three strips.  




Arrange the sponges in rows of three stacked on top of each other, and put the sting underneath.  I've heard of some people using dental floss for this...But if you have kids like mine you'll need something stronger that is going to hold up!




Then tie the sponges up tightly in the middle.  




Now - Just add water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment