Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bi-Lo Bargain Meal of the Week - Slow Cooker Orange Curry Chicken


Slow Cooker Orange Curry Chicken

What You'll Need:
1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
SH Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts BOGO @ $4.49/lb
MAKES IT *about* $3.36 for 1 1/2 lbs


12 oz Orange Marmalade
SH Orange Marmalade BOGO @ $2.99
MAKES IT $1.49


Brown Rice
Mahatma Brown Rice  - $1.99
USE 50¢ OFF from RP 10/24
MAKES IT 99¢


From the Fridge or Pantry:
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup all purpose flour
1 to 2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper 
salt & pepper to taste


Spray your slow cooker with Pam for easy clean-up!  Salt & pepper the chicken breasts, dredge them in flour, then place them in the slow cooker.  Mix the orange marmalade, chicken broth, curry powder and cayenne and pour over the chicken.  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours and serve over cooked brown rice.  

*I use more curry and cayenne pepper since we like it spicy....but that's up to you!!  The last couple of times I made this one, I wasn't even home to eat it.  I made everything in the morning and it was ready to roll that night for my husband, so he didn't have to worry about dinner.  I'm sure there were no veggies served with it then, but you could add some broccoli or snow peas if you'd like!  I will say that the leftovers are great - YUM!  I love curry and this is a great  (EASY) way for me to get it at home, without having to pay restaurant prices....*





TOTAL MEAL COST - $5.84!

No comments:

Post a Comment