Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Penny Experiment


I have been so excited about this since I first read about it! Let me tell you the story...

Once upon a time (okay, so only a couple of months ago) a man was walking down the street in a far away land (California, actually). This man found a penny down on the ground and picked it up as a group of teenagers began to snicker - really, what can you get for a penny? Well this man got to thinking about what you could accomplish with a penny. How could you turn a penny into something HUGE? So, this man came up with the amazing idea to take one penny - - and turn it into ONE MILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF FOOD FOR FOOD BANKS!

I was immediately struck by the creativity of this guy, Jefferey Strain. What a brilliant idea, to take that penny and make a difference in the lives of thousands of people. You can read all about it here - but the basic concept is really amazing! The original penny was sold for $10. One hundred pennies of those ten dollars were made into beautiful artwork by artists to be sold. As of right now, a 50% stake in the artwork has been sold for $1000!

That one penny has already been turned into $1009.00!

All of the proceeds will then be used to purchased food for food banks! Well, if you've ever visited my page - you know that I can pinch a penny until it begs for mercy!

I made my first trip for the Penny Experiment today - and I had great results! 
 Can't wait to share them with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment