Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FIRST PENNY EXPERIMENT TRIP


The Penny Experiment has officially begun on Palmetto State Saver!

I hope you will follow me along in this journey to help provide ONE MILLION DOLLARS of food for food banks!

I wanted to get these trips done before the new ads started tomorrow, so the baby and I braved the cold today and got some AWESOME deals!

We stopped by Walgreens to pick up this:


These were on sale for $14.99 with a $5 Register Reward when purchased.
Total -14.99
Used $30 coupon
=$1.60 tax due
Got back $5 Register Reward

Total Saved - $59.99


I know this won't count towards the challenge, since it's not food - but it will still be donated and hopefully will help someone. It also helped us in our couponing mission today. My $5 Register Rewards will be used as a competitor coupon at our next stop - PUBLIX!

Here's what I got:


4 Boxes of Nabisco Saltines
2 Quaker Quick Oats
4 (4) packs of FiberOne Yogurt

Total Due: NOTHING!
After coupons, PUBLIX OWED ME ELEVEN CENTS! I tried to convince the cashier that just getting them all for FREE was enough, but she insisted on giving me the "change" that my receipt said I was due!
Total Saved: $25.68



So my total spent today on $25.68 worth of food was NEGATIVE eleven cents! If I include the glucose monitor, I still only spent $1.09 on $85.67 worth of product! Amazing what you can do with coupons! To get updates on every step of the Penny Experiment, click here and sign up to follow along on Facebook or Twitter. This is only the beginning!



1 comment:

  1. Great start! I love having my cabinets full to the brim and then being able to fill up 4 big boxes to take to the food bank in our area. My first big donation was before Christmas. I just felt...good (smile).

    ReplyDelete